Our last (and quite frankly, our best) show of 2013 is ready for aural consumption.
INSIDE: A great chat with Keith Law of ESPN, tunes fromWooden Shjips, reviewing what’s simmering on the MLB hot stove, discussion about our Top 10 Records of 2013 and some other random things (including fitting metaphors for Mike Zagurski).
If you’re a long-time listener, you’ll love this. If you’re a first-timer and this doesn’t hook you, you’re blowing it.
GREETZ, PEEPZ. We have a fantastical episode for you. Whether you like music and baseball, or baseball and music, there’s something for every one! Here’s how it breaks down:
- The open, where we open
- The emails, where crazy people write to us and we read what they wrote
- The musical guest: This time it’s San Francisco psych-poppers WOODEN SHJIPS. Their fourth full-length, “Back to Land,” is out now on Thrill Jockey. And it’s on Keith Law’s Best of 2013 list. …
- … which is relevant because Keith Law is our guest this week. He talks baseball and music and past, present, and future with us.
- Then there’s the baseball talk:
- Michael Morse is a giant, both literally and figuratively
- Kevin Towers is gutting his farm system
- Grant Balfour is taking his steakheaded rage to Bawlmore
- Yankees trade money to the DL for Brian Roberts
- Masahiro Tanaka is in limbo
- Raul Ibanez to Los Angeles of Anaheim
- Music Talk: Instead of advice, this episode we disgust our top 10 records of the year. There’s some convergence and some of whatever the other thing would be.
- Then there are the sad goodbyes until next calendar year! Thank you for everything.